AIHM 2020 Conference Recordings
Summary of Contents
24 Courses Led by the Experts
Continuing Education Credits
AIHM 2020 Conference Recordings
What you will learn
is a global interprofessional integrative health association working to
transform health care. The target audience for this activity includes
physicians and other licensed healthcare practitioners in a variety of practice
settings including academic, hospital, private practice.This
year’s virtual conference will highlighted the science of healing, transformative models
of care, climate justice and for the first time ever, host crucial
conversations around systemic racism and equity in healthcare. By bringing
together the most respected medical researchers and clinicians to provide
evidence-based, accurate, and complete information, quality continuing medical
education, AIHM provides physicians and health providers with the necessary
resources to improve patient outcomes, address racial disparities and
injustices in healthcare and healing and promote
this integrative approach to patient care.
- Discuss the importance of treating the whole person, mind-body-spirit;
- Recognize the potential role of integrative health and medicine (IM) in preventive medicine, in the management of common medical conditions and chronic diseases and in addressing racial disparities and injustices in healthcare and healing;
- Evaluate the benefits and risks of integrative health and medicine (IM) in the prevention and treatment of common conditions and chronic diseases conditions through an analysis of the existing scientific and clinical evidence;
- Access and/or recommend resources for acquiring additional integrative health and medicine (IM) related information for the clinician or patient;
- Demonstrate tools and resources to incorporate effective integrative health and medicine (IM) tools into clinical practice;
- Provide tools to patients in areas such as nutrition, pain management, cognitive decline, mental health, cardiovascular disease, and chronic non-communicable diseases;
- Provide tools to assess and address racial injustice within integrative settings;
- Assess the value of a physician/patient partnership in improving health, patient centered care models, and addressing equity and racial injustices;
- Formulate a patient care treatment program that incorporates integrative health and medicine modalities, referring to specialists as necessary;
- Utilize tools and resources provided to incorporate integrative health and medicine into their practices/organizations.
This activity is in compliance with California Assembly Bill 1195, which requires continuing medical education activities with patient care components to include curriculum in the subjects of cultural and linguistic competency. For specific information regarding Bill 1195 and cultural and linguistic competency, please visit the CME website.
All other healthcare professionals completing this activity will be issued a certificate of participation. To successfully earn credit, participants must review the content, complete a quiz with a score of 75% or higher, and submit an evaluation. The courses in this bundle are CME-eligible ending on May 31, 2023. After this date, you will continue to have access to your purchased content, however you will no longer be able to claim CME credits for your participation in these courses.