AIHM March 2021 Conference Recordings
Summary of Contents
16 Courses Led by the Experts
What you will learn
is a global interprofessional integrative health association working to
transform health care. The target audience for this activity includes
physicians and other licensed healthcare practitioners in a variety of practice
settings including academic, hospital, private practice.
Healthcare providers worldwide have put their physical and mental health at risk as they battle the COVID-19 pandemic. This is exacerbated by the often challenging position of integrative Healthcare providers seeking to balance allopathic and integrative medicine. In addition to navigating these clinical challenges, practitioners are facing risks of adverse health effects due to the restrictions implemented such as quarantine measures, reduced social contact, and self-isolation.
How should integrative healthcare providers navigate this ever-changing challenging environment while still providing top-notch care? As a community of healthcare providers, advocates and consumers, we know that we need to mobilize and be the change we want to see during these challenging times. It is our opportunity to connect with people from all over the world to learn the latest information on the science of health and healing, network to move the integrative health movement forward, and be in a nurturing environment supported by our colleagues and friends.
Join us as we bring together thought leaders to engage in powerful conversation through a highly interactive learning experience, designed to provide evidence-based solutions for wellness, improved professional satisfaction, and patient care.
- Recognize the impact COVID-19 has on integrative health and medicine (IM) practitioners;
- Develop practitioner-level solutions for managing practitioner burnout due to COVID-19;
- Develop system-level solutions for managing practitioner burnout due to COVID-19;
- Identify solutions for building a more resilient healthcare workforce;
- Discuss the importance of treating the whole person, mind-body-spirit;
- Recognize the potential role of integrative health and medicine (IM) in the management of COVID-19;
- Evaluate the benefits and risks of integrative health and medicine (IM) in the management of COVID-19 through an analysis of the existing scientific and clinical evidence;
- Access and/or recommend resources for acquiring additional integrative health and medicine (IM) related information for the clinician or patient;
- Demonstrate tools and resources to incorporate effective integrative health and medicine (IM) tools into clinical practice;
- Assess the value of a physician/patient partnership in improving health and patient centered care models;
- Using the current evidence-based standards of care set forth for COVID-19, provide resources for integrative health and medicine (IM) practitioners for common patient questions;
- Utilize tools and resources provided to incorporate integrative health and medicine into their practices/organizations;
- Establish a network of like-minded practitioners from various disciplines and geographic areas.